News

Conor Mcgregor: Aims for July return and then retires?

Number two ranked lightweight Conor Mcgregor appeared on Jimmy Fallon’s tonight show on NBC and discussed his future plans with the UFC.

THE TONIGHT SHOW STARRING JIMMY FALLON — Episode 1037 — Pictured: (l-r) Fighter Conor McGregor during an interview with host Jimmy Fallon on March 25, 2019 — (Photo by: Andrew Lipovsky/NBC)

“My next fight, we’re in talks for July, We’re in talks for July so we’ll see what happens. A lot of politics going on. The fight game is a mad game but as I said again, to my fans I am in shape and I am ready.”

As far as naming anyone he would like to fight he did not reveal any names. Mcgregor’s last octagon appearance was his devastating loss to defending champion Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229. Conor mentioned how he doesn’t have to fight if he does not want to due to the fact that his financial earnings have him set for life for himself and his family. Mentioning also that he’s doing well with his brand of whiskey Proper Twelve.

“There are many opponents. In reality, I can pick who I please, I’ve done a lot, I’ve fought a lot, I never pull out of contests, I’ve gone through some crazy injuries and crazy external situations that many a man would sprint for the hills if it happened to them. I stood firm and done my piece for the company so I am in a position now like this whiskey is my baby, I’ve got a lot of great entities. I don’t necessarily need to fight. I am set for life, my family is set for life, we are good. But I am eager to fight so we’ll see what happens. I’m just staying ready as I like to say” Segment in video below.

After Jimmy Fallon episode with Conor Mcgregor as special guest airs on NBC, Conor takes to twitter to contradict his whole conversation for July return. He tweeted as follows:

Hey guys quick announcement, I’ve decided to retire from the sport formally known as “Mixed Martial Art” today.
I wish all my old colleagues well going forward in competition.
I now join my former partners on this venture, already in retirement.
Proper Pina Coladas on me fellas!— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA)
March 26, 2019

This keeps a lot of fans scratching their heads as to what is going on. Many have speculated this tweet as a “hoax” due to the fact that he has indeed done a similar action like this back in April of 2016 after posting the following tweet.

I have decided to retire young.
Thanks for the cheese.
Catch ya’s later.— Conor McGregor
(@TheNotoriousMMA) April 19, 2016

Many are turning to this video that surfaced last week of Conor Mcgregor stating that he would fight for shares of the company, many are saying that he did not get what he want motivating him to “retire”.

VIDEO: Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) discusses being in the co-main event, says he’d do it if the UFC gave him his “fair share of the company” pic.twitter.com/YqGatmHXy5— Mike Pendleton (@MP2310) March 19, 2019

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top